Tuesday 14 October 2014

London and Handmade Goodies

Hello!
A couple of weeks ago I went along to my sister in law's (to be) hen party in London. I love the hussle and bussle of London, there is always something going on around every corner. One minute you are in the mist of all the west end theatre shows and overly cool bars, and the next you are slap bang in the middle of China! (Chinatown counts right!?)  But I have to say, I do prefer the more laid back lifestyle of Kent with both the sea and countryside on your doorstep. Plus it means that going to places like London can always feel a bit special.

On our hen adventure, we stopped off at a very cute craft workshop where we all made a very cute sock animals (yes I said sock!) I was a little terrified at the thought of having to create something that involved sewing, but it was much easier than I expected! The whole creation only included one sock, a little felt for eyes and ears and nose, some thread and of course stuffing! It was so simple that I am thinking about creating more sock based animals.



Unsurprisingly, I decided to make a cat and this is my attempt. Its not perfect, and i like to think that its not meant to be. It has that handmade feel about it! I think they are so cute, and if I do decided to  make more, they could be given as gifts for little ones! They are super soft and would look just adorable cuddled up in a pram with a baby! 

When we arrived at the craft workshop, it had been set up so cute, with quirky tea cups and glorious centre pieces that held a selection of scrummy cakes;I just had to take a picture of it before we ruined it while creating our masterpieces. 



Going on a craft workshop as part of hen party is an activity i would definitely recommend! Hen parties often mean you don't know everyone in the group, so doing an activity like this really breaks the ice. It also gets you ready for your night out so you can really let loose and enjoy yourself!

Keeping with the handmade theme, at the weekend my sister and I went to an amazing paint your own pottery coffee house. I have been to paint your own pottery a few times and absolutely loved it so i knew that this would be right up my street. It provides you with hours of fun, literally! We spent a good 2 hours deciding what our pottery design would be. We had both chosen to paint plates, and since the Christmas season is just around the corner, we decided to put the two togehter and make Christmas plates! There was so much to choose from! From the paint colours, to stencils we could use. We opted to use stenclis because the thought of doing the whole design freehand was far too stressful!

What makes this better, is that it only cost £8.50 per person. In total we stayed for around 4 hours and was well worth the money! Below are the finished products, and I have to say I am pretty impressed!



While we were blissfully painting away, we were brought tea and cake, which made the experience 10 times more exciting. It was a perfect way to spend a weekend with my sister! Have you ever been to a craft workshop or paint your own pottery? Isn't it amazing!? 

Cheerio! 
x

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Cute cat!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love the little cat! He now sits on my bookshelf. I couldn't bare to give him away as a gift!
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete